Among the types of cancer today, breast cancer is ranked among the most common and dangerous today.
Not only affects the health and life of women, but it also has a very bad impact on the mental health of the patient. Therefore, as the weaker sex, we cannot help but equip ourselves with basic but important knowledge to prevent and avoid this deadly disease.
Factors that promote breast cancer development
First, we need to understand the main factors and risk factors for breast cancer to compare with ourselves. There are about 7 main signs that can cause breast cancer including
- Family history: If you have a family member with breast cancer, you should be more careful and vigilant about this disease because it can be transmitted through genetic factors.
- Ever had breast cancer on one side: If you have ever had it, more than anyone else, you need to pay close attention to breast cancer.
- Menstruation before the age of 12 is an abnormal sign of the body. It can put women at risk of developing breast cancer later in life.
- Menopause after age 50: Menopause after age 50 is also considered a possible risk factor for breast cancer.
- Eating a lot of animal fat in the daily diet is one of the reasons that stimulate the growth of cancer pathogens, including breast cancer.
- Have fibrocystic breast disease: Fibrocystic breast can develop into very dangerous breast cancer.
- Hormonal imbalance: Hormones play an important role in every woman’s life. Hormonal imbalance is equally important and causes many diseases.
Breast cancer symptoms
After learning the factors that stimulate breast cancer, we need to understand the symptoms of this disease as follows
- Occurrence of a lump in the breast
- Skin change
- Nipple retraction
- Red breast skin
- Breast skin shrinkage
- Nipple discharge
If we encounter one of the above signs, we should not ignore or ignore it, but should see a doctor as soon as possible.
Diseases can come to us at any time, so monitoring the body’s health for early detection is essential. Women can self-examine their breasts to detect abnormalities in their nipples. Remember, the earlier breast cancer is detected, the better the chance of survival.
Increase exercise and maintain a reasonable weight Just 60 minutes of exercise a day can reduce the risk of breast cancer by 14% compared to sedentary women. The results of the study showed that women who gained about 27 kg after the age of 18 were three times more likely to develop breast cancer than those who gained only 9 kg.
Breastfeed your baby
The risk of breast cancer drops to 4% in women who breastfeed for at least 15 months.
Eat more vegetables
A diet rich in green vegetables will make the body healthy, reduce the incidence of diseases including cancer. Meanwhile, green tea contains many antioxidants that reduce the production of estrogen, which stimulates the growth of tumors.
Alcohol increases the risk of cancer. Statistics show that drinking a lot of alcohol every day increases the risk of breast cancer by 20 to 25%.
Use health supplements
In addition to applying healthy lifestyle and eating regimens, adding anti-cancer support substances, increasing the body’s resistance from health supplements is something that women should also consider. remind. Currently, there are many health supplements on the market that have good effects in the prevention and treatment of cancer.